Wedding Insurance Information
Weddings are one of the most important events in life—and they're among the most expensive, too, with the average wedding now costing over $26,000. And, that's before the honeymoon, which tends to be another $5,000 all by itself. Given the sheer amount of time, effort, money, and planning that goes into a wedding, it makes sense to protect your funds invested in this event and make sure that unexpected problems don't result in the loss of your entire investment.
Before you begin shopping for wedding insurance, though, there are a few important things to know—like what parts of the event are covered and how liability can come into play.
Special Events Covered by Special Event & Wedding Insurance
Here are the parts of a wedding that most policies cover:
- Venues: While most permanent wedding venues (such as churches) have their own liability coverage, many weddings take place in unusual areas. In fact, about a quarter of all weddings are considered 'destination weddings' and are held in a non-traditional wedding venue. Unfortunately, unforeseen problems like weather, damage to the wedding site, or companies shutting down can make a chosen location inaccessible.
- No-Shows: Most vendors try to show up to every event, but for whatever reason, there are times when they can't make it. One-time event insurance can reimburse you for any losses suffered as a result of their failure to attend.
- Injury and Illness: If someone vital to the wedding—say, the bride—comes down ill or injured just before the event, there's a good chance it's going to be postponed until they're feeling better. Wedding insurance can cover these delays.
Event Liability Insurance
Weddings should also have basic liability coverage in case anyone is hurt during the event. For example, guests may have allergies to foods or perfumes brought in, or people trying to move a large object as part of the ceremony could trip and fall. The right coverage can ensure that a wedding won't end with the bride and groom facing a lawsuit they'll have to pay out of pocket to defend. Call our agency today for a free quote and more information.
Our General Liability event insurance program has the broadest coverage and great prices.
Host liquor coverage included, retail liquor coverage available
Cover events up to 5,000 attendance
Waiver of Subrogation / Primary Wording available.
Hired and Non-owned Auto Coverage available.
Free Unlimited Additional Insureds.
No coverage location limitation.
A+ Rated Insurance Carrier.
1. "Average Wedding Cost." Average Wedding Cost in the United States. Accessed April 18, 2016. http://www.costofwedding.com/.
2. "How to save on a Caribbean Honeymoon." Accessed April 18, 2016. http://experience.usatoday.com/beach/story/caribbean/2014/06/04/caribbean-value-honeymoon/9970857/.
3. "The Knot, The #1 Wedding Site, Releases 2014 Real Weddings Study Statistics." Accessed April 18, 2016. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-knot-the-1-wedding-site-releases-2014-real-weddings-study-statistics-300049675.html.